Skilled Care is a Medicare program offered at Lafayette Regional Health Center (LRHC). The program's purpose is to assist patients in improving their physical, emotional, and social functioning through rehabilitative therapies. Our Skilled Care program may answer your needs when you no longer need acute care services, but may need more help before you can care for yourself at home. Best of all, our facility is right in your backyard.
Who Needs Rehabilitative Care/Skilled Care Services
- Patients needing rehabilitative physical therapy services following an orthopedic surgery
- Patients needing IV therapy
- Patients needing care of wounds which require daily evaluation and treatment by skilled personnel
- Patients with stroke (CVA) requiring rehabilitative therapy
- Patients requiring rehab including cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation/therapy
- Patients needing therapy for debilitation/weakness
Skilled Care is a Medicare Program offered at LRHC. Patients must have Medicare as their primary insurance with private insurances as secondary. Your physician and our hospital staff will help you determine if you qualify for Medicare coverage. If you meet the requirements, Medicare will pay 100 percent of approved charges for the first 20 days.
When you have surgery and need rehabilitation or skilled care, have your Discharge Planner contact Pat Dunkle, LPN at LRHC at (660) 259-6846.
LRHC is a full service acute care hospital. You or your loved one will have access to all the services available at the hospital during your skilled care stay. LRHC’s skilled nursing program facilitates the transition from hospital to home which could avoid costly nursing home stays.
Let Our Family Care for Your Family
LRHC offers a wide array of clinical and social services.
- All private rooms with private bathrooms
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Wound therapy
- A variety of specialties
- Friendly staff
If you or a family member are on your way to recovery, but need a little extra care right now, the Skilled care Program at LRHC may be just what the doctor ordered.