Speech pathologists evaluate, diagnose and treat speech, cognitive, communication and swallowing disorders. They can assist patients in recovering their speaking, eating, listening, reading, thinking and writing skills.
Speech Pathology has treatment programs for the following issues:
- Adult Speech/Language and Cognition
- Disfluent speech (stuttering)
- Swallowing Disorders (including electric stimulation)
- Loss of voice
- Specialized dysphagia services include: Video swallow, where a motion video x-ray is taken while patient swallows
- Throat spasms
- Voice restoration following total laryngectomy
Speech-language pathologists evaluate patients and develop treatment plans to promote maximum improvement.
Speech Pathology provides specialized, advanced equipment for the evaluation of voice and swallowing disorders.
Learn more about esophageal conditions.